B. Tech Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is an advanced professional degree course designed and developed to industry requirements in agreement with the guidelines of the Civil Aviation Authority's Regulatory Body. This course provides the opportunity for students to learn the program through theoretical and practical learning and also in maintenance organization. Students can also appear for license examinations as individual candidates. Upon clearing all the modules as required by the Regulatory Body, he will become eligible to be a Qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
The main responsibilities of topaircraft maintenance engineers include carrying out repairs, troubleshooting, and inspections to keep the aircraft in flying condition. No aircraft can take off unless it is signed off by an aircraft maintenance engineer. Prior to the take-off of the aircraft, the aircraft maintenance engineers inspect the aircraft and sign a certificate guaranteeing its safety.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- For Aircraft Maintenance Engineering eligibility is 12th pass with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or diploma in engineering from recognized board or University.
- The candidate's age at the time of admission should be minimum of 16 years.
- Candidate must pass general medical test & color blindness test.
- Candidates passed from NIOS can also register for admission.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Duration
B. Tech in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering is a 4 years course divided into 8 semesters of 6 months each. The AME program includes theoretical & practical learning. The last 1 year is of full practical/industrial Training.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Core Subjects
|Sr. No.||Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Core Subjects|
|7||Digital Techniques Electronic Instrument Systems|
|8||Materials & Hardware|
|13||Turbine Aeroplane, Aerodynamics, Structures & Systems|
|14||Helicopter aerodynamics, structures, and systems|
|15||Aircraft aerodynamics, structures, and systems|
|17||Gas Turbine Engine|
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Career Opportunities
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer can work in
- Maintenance Repair Overhaul(MRO’s)
- Aircraft Manufacturing Companies
- Aircraft Spares Manufacturing Companies
- Civil Aviation Department & Defence
- Top Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Colleges
- Flying Training Schools
- Aviation Technical Publication Companies
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Admission Process
- Fill out the Registration form & register yourself for Aeronautical-CET Exam 2022. Visit https://www.aeronauticalcet.in/online-registration
- After Clearing the Exam, as per the All India Rank in Aeronautical-CET exam, our Counselling team guide you to get admission to the best college as per your choice stream and trade at your preferred location
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Fee structure
The fee for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering ranges from 25000 to 50000 per semester, depending on the college which the students choose depending on/her rank in Aeronautical-CET Exam.
Depending on the Aeronautical-CET exam rank up to 100% scholarship is given.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Salary Package
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering can earn a salary from 50,000 per month to 3 lakh per month depending on the experience of the candidate in the aviation industry